People who suffer from anxiety disorder are normally prescribed drugs to counteract their anxiety. The problem with these drugs, however, it that they do not cure the real cause of the problem, only the symptoms. Anxiety sufferers who have been prescribed drugs often find a dislike for them. This is mainly because of their side effects, and the notion that they don’t really cure the disease.
It is helpful for everybody, whether or not you suffer from anxiety and stress, to know that there are alternatives to drugs. Here are some foods and drinks that can help you fight anxiety.
1) If you are feeling too stressed, try drinking some Chamomile tea. You mind will feel relaxed and your thoughts will be soothed. If you find it hard to sleep at night, Chamomile can help you sleep. Your mental state will be eased by the natural sedative properties of this tea.
2) Turkey contains a substance called tryptophan that can trick your mind in feeling more calm and relaxed. A chemical responsible for maintaining balance in the brain, serotonin, comes from tryptophan. When consumed in meat form, it has been discovered that tryptophan helps reduce anxiety.
3) Improve your mental and psychological health by consuming avocado. Avocados help lower blood pressure because of its potassium content. It can help you prevent anxiety-induced heart attack by keeping your heart rate steady.
4) Consuming a variety of leafy green vegetables and hemp oil can contribute to optimal brain health. They are anxiety busters. A crucial player in brain-adrenal axis balance is magnesium, which is found in green leafy vegetables.
5) A natural way to keep you calm is by eating dark chocolate. Dark chocolate can induce calmness and relieve stress more than milk chocolate and white chocolate, because the latter has much more added sugar, milk, and saturated fats which are unhealthy.
6) Research has shown that aside from its other health benefits turmeric can help ease symptoms of depression and anxiety. Among its health benefits turmeric can help in digestion, healing, and reducing joint inflammations.
7) Increasing your intake of foods rich in folic acid can keep you away from anxiety. Folic acid is found richly in asparagus. When the level of folic acid in your body goes down, your brain’s neurotransmitters will be impaired, this causes anxiety and stress.
8) A good source of vitamin B is liver, as well as other organ meats. Vitamin B is also necessary for methylation, a process responsible for serotonin production.
9) Eating oysters can increase your intake of zinc, an essential mineral that your brain requires to behave normally. Deficiency in zinc causes anxiety.
10) A healthy gut often means a healthy brain. Kefir is a good source of probiotics that keep your gut in good shape.