Chemicals and Nutrients for Your Brain
Prescription drugs are the usual ways adults deal with anxiety disorders. However, oftentimes, anti-anxiety medicines only deal with the symptoms and not the root causes. Anti-anxiety medication often provoke dislike from people who have used them for some time. The reason is because people who have been taking anti-anxiety medication suffer also from their side effects, not to mention the thought that they are not really getting any better.
There are, however, alternatives to drugs in dealing with anxiety disorders. Getting relief from anxiety is often a matter of eating the proper foods.
1) Stress can be relieved by a warm cup of Chamomile tea. This tea helps you relax your body and ease your mind. Chamomile tea can help you rest during those nights when you have trouble sleeping. Your mental state will be eased by the natural sedative properties of this tea.
2) A natural substance found in turkey, called Tryptophan, makes you feel relaxed after eating. Tryptophan is related to serotonin, a chemical that helps the brain deal with anxiety. When consumed in meat form, it has been discovered that tryptophan helps reduce anxiety.
3) Eating avocado can help you maintain good mental and psychological well-being. They are a natural source of potassium, an element that helps lower blood pressure. Eating avocado lessens the possibility of anxiety attacks by keeping your heart rate at an even rate.
4) The health and well-being of your brain can be improved by eating lots of green leafy vegetables and hemp oil. Stress and anxiety can be brought to a manageable level with these foods. Leafy greens are a good source of magnesium, an element that plays a crucial role in balancing your brain-adrenal axis.
5) Dark chocolate calms you. Dark chocolate has more cocoa which contain substances known to relieve stress and induce calmness.
6) Depressive disorders and anxiety are relieved with the regular use of turmeric. Turmeric has many healthy properties like anti-inflammatory, healing, and maintaining blood sugar balance.
7) Folic acid is a substance that helps in managing anxiety. Asparagus contains folic acid, a chemical responsible for improving the health of your brain’s neurotransmitters. What often causes anxiety and stress is a lowering of folic acid in the body.
8) A good source of vitamin B is liver, as well as other organ meats. Your body needs vitamin B to synthesize serotonin.
9) Eat more oysters to increase your intake of zinc, a chemical necessary for your brain to function normally. Deficiency in zinc causes anxiety.
10) Your gut needs to be healthy for your brain to be healthy. Probiotics, such as kefir can help keep the balance of bacteria in your stomach.
Support: check over here